YMCA in Greenfield COVID-19 and Reopening Information
For Membership questions, contact Kaytlin or Barbara at 413-773-3646 x0 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Fitness related questions, contact Jayne at 413-773-3646 x448 or email@example.com
For Pool / Aquatics related questions, contact Sarah at 413-773-3646 x427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For COVID-19 specific questions, contact Kara at 413-773-3646 x452 or email@example.com
Please print, sign and submit the listed forms required to participate at the YMCA in Greenfield and program activities within or outside of our facilities. Each adult and each minor must have a signed copy on file.
SAFETY COMES FIRST To ensure the safety of our staff, members and community, we are implementing new personal safety measures based on CDC, state, and local guidelines:
- We ask that ALL members or staff who are feeling ill, have a cough or fever not enter the Y.
- Staff will be required to have their temperature taken and will be sent home if over 100.4°.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by staff and members. Please bring your own mask.
- All returning Y staff has been through a Y-USA COVID-19 Safety Training.
FOCUS ON CLEANLINESS We are adhering to rigorous cleaning and sanitization standards in our facility.
- Help us stop the spread of germs by wiping down all equipment BEFORE AND AFTER use.
- The Y will be cleaned every night by an outside cleaning company.
- Hand sanitizers and disinfectants are available throughout the Y for your use.
- Wash your hands often.
- Additional staff will be brought on to clean rooms and spaces throughout the day.
EXPECT PHYSICAL DISTANCING All members will be required to practice physical distancing while inside the YMCA. Signage has been placed throughout the building to assist you in maintaining safe distances. Reservations will need to be made in advance for certain workout areas and classes.
- Workout areas will have posted room capacities and reduced equipment availability reinforced by staff.
- The pool will be open for lap swim and Water Fitness On Your Own.
- Boxing Room will be limited to one participant.
- Group Exercise / Wellness Classes will have size limits to promote physical distancing. Most Group Ex / Wellness classes will be taped live for those that can not join a class. A few classes will remain virtual only.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION We want to keep our doors open for as many members as possible. We ask that all members do their part to take safety seriously. Any member who fails to comply with personal safety and physical distancing policies may be asked to leave.
In the state of Massachusetts, Gyms are considered a Phase 3 business. We will open on Monday, July 6th.
Yes. Masks or face coverings must be worn by MEMBERS and STAFF when social distancing is not possible (except for in the pool or during strenuous exercise). Please make sure to bring your own mask.
Per state mandates, members and staff may be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the Y and will be refused admittance if running a fever.
We are asking that ANY member or staff who are feeling ill, have a cough or fever not enter the Y.
We will be adhering to rigorous cleaning and sanitization standards in our facility. The Y will be cleaned every night by an outside cleaning company. Hand sanitizers and disinfectants are available throughout the Y for your use. Additional cleaning staff has been brought on to clean rooms and spaces during the day.
To meet physical space guidelines, we will limit participants per room, appropriately space all equipment & personal workout areas, and require reservations for certain activities to encourage social distancing.
We are instituting Welcome Ambassadors at the Main Street entrance to help with any questions you may have prior to coming in the building.
Face Mask - Masks or face coverings must be worn when physical distancing is not possible, unless when in the pool or during strenuous exercise.
Water Bottle - Water fountains are for refilling water bottles only - no drinking from spout allowed. Please bring your own refillable water bottle.
Exercise Mats / Equipment - We will not be supplying yoga, exercise mats or foam rollers, please bring your own.
Towel - We are suspending all towel services, including bath and workout towels.
Monday - Friday: 5 am - 7pm
Saturday, Sunday: 7 am - 2 pm
In all of our locker rooms:
• A face covering is required
• You MUST clean your locker after use. Disinfectant spray bottles are available at the Main Street & Hope Street entrances and outside each workout area.
• Social Distancing of 6ft will be required
• Phase 3 MA State guidelines only pool users can shower
• Per MA State guidelines sauna, steam room and hot tub will be closed until phase 4
Family Locker Room All members, all ages, private changing stalls, lockers and showers available for pool use only
Special Needs (Adaptive/ Inclusive) Locker Room All members, all ages, no lockers, showers available for pool use only
Men’s Main (formerly Silver Locker Room) Boys and men only, age 15+, lockers and locker rentals can be used, showers available for pool use only
Girls’ Locker Room Girls and women only, all ages, lockers and locker rentals can be used, showers available for pool use only
Men’s Prime (formerly Gold Locker Room) Men only, age 19+, lockers and locker rentals can be used, no showers or steam room available
Women’s Prime (formerly Gold Locker Room) Women only, age 19+, lockers and locker rentals can be used, no showers or sauna available
Boys’ and Women’s Locker Rooms will remain closed until further notice.
Reservations will be required for Lap Swim, Water Therapy, Water Fitness on your Own, Group Ex classes, Cycling Classes, Boxing Room, and Orientations to the Fit Life Center and Nautilus Strength Training Center. With our new membership software you can log in and create your own online account to reserve your spot. You can also call the Welcome Center at 413-773-3646 to reserve your spot as well.
For more information visit here.
Entering and exiting the Y will be through both the Main St. and Hope St. Entrances. Members are to check in at either Welcome Center location. Members MUST have signed waivers (provided by Redwoods Insurance) on file to enter the Y, this can be done in person at the Y the first time you return. If there is a line, please adhere to 6ft physical distancing. In addition, every person will check out at either Welcome Center location.
Our Main Street entrance will be open when the Y is open. The Hope Street Entrance will be open from 8 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Please use our Main Street Entrance when Hope Street is closed.
No. The following programs/areas will not be open until guidelines permit us to do safely:
- Gymnasium Group activities (ex. PickleBall, Basketball). The gymnasium will be reserved for cardio workouts / cycle classes only.
- Gymnastics Center
- Hot Tub, Sauna, Steam Room
- Game Room
- Towel Service
- Water Fountains
- Coffee Hour
- Sale of Day/Guest Passes and Reciprocity Members
Members 12 and under are not allowed in the facility at this time unless enrolled in an instructional class or program.
When you are ready to come back contact Kaytlin Skiathitis at 773-3646, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Welcome Center.