Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At Franklin County’s Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We are hiring for our Summer Day Camp at Camp Apex in Shelburne, MA. Please bring completed applications to the Welcome Center or email it to the Camp Apex Director.
1. Supervises a group of children and program activities.
2. Follows all policies, procedures, and standards as established by the law or the Y (e.g., safety or emergency procedures, behavior guidance strategies, child abuse prevention policies); makes ADA accommodations where appropriate; maintains the program site, equipment, and required program records.
3. Nurtures children through purposeful programming; plans activities that are intended to achieve program goals and outcomes, are culturally relevant, are developmentally appropriate, and are consistent with the Y’s values.
4. Creates a positive rapport and shared interest with all youth; models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
5. Provides opportunities for youth to lead, problem-solve, and make decisions and choices within the program and provides daily opportunities for youth to reflect on and respond to their experiences.
6. Provides and welcomes ongoing dialogue with parents and caregivers about their child’s needs and progress; connects families to the Y.
7. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Communication & Influence
• Developing Self & Others
• Program/Project Management
• High school diploma or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
• Meets minimum age standards as established by state law and/or the Y.
• CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required (will train if needed).
• Child Abuse Prevention training required within 30 days of hire.
• Previous experience working with children in a camp setting preferred.
• Previous experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, or recreational games.
• Previous experience working with diverse populations.
• Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
• Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to plan, lead, and participate in program activities in a variety of indoor and/or outdoor settings.
Franklin County’s YMCA is looking for a dedicated, passionate gymnastics coach to join our growing recreational and team staff of coaches. Perfect for experienced as well as entry-level coaches – we are willing to train the right candidate. Bring applications to the Welcome Center or email [email protected]
- Must be able to see clearly a distance of at least 120 feet to ensure safe activity of both athletes and their instructors.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be physically capable of spotting gymnasts (and learning to spot) from beginning levels through Optional gymnasts, with cognitive ability to create progressions when physical strength is not sufficient.
- Must have auditory ability to clearly hear gymnasts, remain vigilant for potentially dangerous situations, and communicate clearly with other staff.
- Must have transportation to and from practices.
A coach, in coordination with the Gymnastics Director and fellow coaches will be expected to:
- Fit into and build upon the gym culture, which first prioritizes health, then personal character, then athleticism of the gymnast.
- Maintain a positive training environment, with the ability to hold athletes accountable without shame or humiliation tactics.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings, within the Gymnastics Center and the general YMCA -Attend evening and weekend practices.
- Act as a role model under the YMCA’s four pillars of character: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
In addition to the above, a team coach will be expected to:
- Have working knowledge or eagerness to earn knowledge of the JO and Xcel Code of Points and their applications
- Assist in the creation and implementation of practice plans for all competitive levels, with opportunity to oversee our Pre-Team practice groups.
Certifications and Requirements
- Position dependent upon successful notification of CORI/DCF/SORI and Fingerprint results.
- Must have or be willing to obtain certifications in: First Aid, CPR, AED
- Team Coaches must have a background in gymnastics, with coaching experience preferred.
- Team coaches must have or be willing to obtain USAG instructional or professional membership, including certifications in Safety and Risk Management, SafeSport, and USAG Instructor training.
- Must be willing to attend additional trainings as opportunities arise to keep up with the growing knowledge base within the sport.
This is an hourly position of 15-30 hours per week, with pay commensurate upon experience, and ability to accrue sick time and retirement benefits. All YMCA employees are also awarded a membership at Franklin County’s YMCA, with reciprocity to use at other facilities across the country.
Immediate openings for Certified Lifeguards and Swim Class Instructors at Franklin County’s YMCA.
Swim Class Instructors will help lead classes for a wide range of members including children and seniors. Water Safety Instructor Certified or equivalent preferred but not required. Candidates should be outgoing, and able to successfully work with children .
As a Lifeguard, you will help ensure the safety and well-being of all swimmers who visit our indoor pool.
To thrive in this position you must have the physical ability to respond in an emergency situation and be able to stay focused and present throughout the duration of your shift. You must enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including children and adults. These are the ideal opportunity for those interested in developing leadership and social skills while giving back and helping create a stronger and safer community!
Infant/Toddler Teachers & Flex Teachers Needed!
We are seeking highly motivated, flexible team members for our Y Academy at the Bolger Center for Early Childhood Education, located in Gill, MA.
Candidates must have classroom experience or a willingness to work towards EEC Certification, clean background and fingerprint check, CPR certified (can be completed upon hire), and have reliable transportation.
Job duties will include but are not limited to: engagement with children, including their supervision and care, classroom management, curriculum planning, and classroom cleaning and sanitizing.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Franklin County’s Y, located in Greenfield, MA is seeking highly motivated, flexible team members for our Y Academy Preschool.
Candidates must have classroom experience, clean background and fingerprint check, CPR certified (can be completed upon hire), flexible availability, have reliable transportation.
Job duties will include but are not limited to: supervision of children, class management, lesson planning, and attendance for center events, diaper changing and/or toilet training, cleaning and sanitizing classrooms.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, and responsible staff for our School Age Child Care Programs. Staff will gain invaluable experiences at the School Age Child Care Programs at Franklin County’s Y through lessons in creativity, teamwork, safety, and organization; all skills that will help in any future role. Be a part of an international organization while making a difference on a local level.
Hours are Monday to Friday from 3-6 pm with availability needed on school vacation days, in-service days, and holidays.
Not just another job, but a chance to make a huge impact!
Please fill out application and bring to the YMCA or email to [email protected].