Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At Franklin County’s Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We want you to join our team! The YMCA is looking for team players who are willing to commit to a minimum of one year at our Y Academy on Main. Candidates must have classroom experience, must be able to clear a background and fingerprint check, currently have a CPR certification or is willing to obtain certification upon hire, has flexible availability, and has reliable transportation. Job duties will include, but are not limited to, supervision of children, class management, lesson planning, and attendance for all center events, diaper changing and/or potty training, cleaning and sanitizing classrooms.
This position is full time, 7:30am – 3:30pm, with a starting pay range of $16.00 – $19.00 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications.
The YMCA is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
– Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
– Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
– Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
– Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
– Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
Education and Training Requirements:
– At least 21 years of age
– High School diploma- 3 credits of Human Growth & Development AND 9 months of work experience OR CDA credential OR 2 year vocational program in ECE (approved)
– Must complete 12 hours of EEC Essentials Trainings upon hire
This position is on site at the Y Academy on Main located at Franklin County’s YMCA in Greenfield, Massachusetts. Send application or resume with cover letter to [email protected]