Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At Franklin County’s Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Franklin County’s YMCA is looking for a dedicated, passionate gymnastics coach to join our growing recreational and team programs. Perfect for experienced as well as entry-level coaches – we are willing to train the right candidate. Bring applications to the Welcome Center or email [email protected]
Our current programs operate out of Franklin County’s only dedicated gymnastics center. Programs include a competitive Gymnastics Team (up to age 18), Pre-Team (as young as age 8), various recreational gymnastics and Parkour classes (varying ages), and pre-school play and enrichment groups.
Currently, our gymnastics programs feature 60+ team and pre-team members. In Spring 2022, our gym team featured eleven competitors whose regional performances earned them trips to YMCA Nationals in Toledo, OH. At Nationals, seven gymnasts earned Top 7 finishes, including two national champions!
REPORTS TO: Director of Gymnastics
COLLABORATES WITH: Directors of Communications; Membership; Child Care; Youth & Family
SUPERVISES: Part-time & volunteer assistant coaches as assigned by Director of Gymnastics
- Gymnastics background required. Coaching experience preferred
- Must be both qualified to and physically capable of executing safe spotting techniques on all apparatus
- Organized, motivated, energetic, and able to communicate effectively with participants and parent
- H ave working knowledge or willingness to learn Code of Points and their applications
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse individuals from equally diverse social & economic populations
- Must be available for evening and weekend practices ·
- Coaches all gymnastics programs, including Gym Team, Pre-Team, and gymnastics classes & activities
- Acts as lead coach for programs as assigned by our Director of Gymnastics
- Participates in creating, organizing, and implementing of practice plans for all aspects of our program
- Key planner, organizer, implementer, and coach for practices, competitions, and summer camps.
- Assists with facility and equipment management, including competition set-up and breakdown
- Assists in the marketing, communication, and community outreach of our gymnastics programs.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, including professional development opportunities
- Develops and maintains trusted relationships with Y gymnasts and their families.
- Communicates regularly and persuasively with participants, parents, colleagues, and our greater community.
More than just a “job,” we offer a career with a future, including the opportunity to foster a successful set of programs. Above all, we foster professional and personal growth within an aspirational team advocating for and championing a small Y with BIG dreams!
- Have or be willing to obtain certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED, USAG Instructor training, etc.
- Position dependent upon MA state approval of CORI/DCF/SORI and fingerprinting background checks
Immediate openings for Certified Lifeguards at Franklin County’s YMCA. Early morning hours required (5 am to 9:15 am)
As a Lifeguard, you will help ensure the safety and well-being of all swimmers who visit our indoor pool.
To thrive in this position you must have the physical ability to respond in an emergency situation and be able to stay focused and present throughout the duration of your shift. You must enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including children and adults. This is the ideal opportunity for those interested in developing leadership and social skills while giving back and helping create a stronger and safer community!