Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At Franklin County’s Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
We want you to join our team! The YMCA is looking for team players who are willing to commit to a minimum of one year at our Y Academy on Main. Candidates must have classroom experience, must be able to clear a background and fingerprint check, currently have a CPR certification or is willing to obtain certification upon hire, has flexible availability, and has reliable transportation. Job duties will include, but are not limited to, supervision of children, class management, lesson planning, and attendance for all center events, diaper changing and/or potty training, cleaning and sanitizing classrooms.
This position is full time, 7:30am – 3:30pm, with a starting pay range of $17.00 – $19.00 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications.
The YMCA is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
– Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
– Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
– Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
– Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
– Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
Education and Training Requirements:
– At least 21 years of age
– High School diploma- 3 credits of Human Growth & Development AND 9 months of work experience OR CDA credential OR 2 year vocational program in ECE (approved)
– Must complete 12 hours of EEC Essentials Trainings upon hire
This position is on site at the Y Academy on Main located at Franklin County’s YMCA in Greenfield, Massachusetts. Send application or resume with cover letter to [email protected]
Franklin County’s YMCA has an opportunity for a leader who wants to make a difference in our community. Your Franklin County YMCA is seeing a full time Lead Maintenance & Janitorial Technician.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- In coordination with the Facilities Director, provides overall coordination of facility and property maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
- Ensures that equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. In coordination with the Facilities Director, oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors to the Facilities Director.
- Assists in training, developing and directing maintenance and janitorial staff. Assumes cleaning responsibilities where needed.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
This opportunity is Monday through Friday, with flexible working hours. This position is on site at Franklin County’s YMCA located in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
We are seeking highly motivated, flexible team member for our Y Academy at the Bolger Center for Early Childhood Education, located in Gill, MA.
Candidates must have classroom experience and be EEC Teacher Certified/Qualified (Lead Teacher certification preferred), clean background and fingerprint check, CPR certified (can be completed upon hire), and have reliable transportation.
Job duties will include but are not limited to: engagement with children, including their supervision and care, classroom management, curriculum planning, parent connections, progress reports, and classroom cleaning and sanitizing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
- Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- EEC Teacher Certification/Qualifications (Preferred)
This position is on site at the Y Academy at the Bolger Center located in Gill, Massachusetts. Send application or resume with cover letter to [email protected]