Prescribe the Y (RxY) is a 12 week Health Care Provider referred wellness program, through the Y, in which participants work towards better health and healing.
Referred patients start with a free 30 minute consultation with one of our Exercise Specialists. During this consultation, your wellness goals and physical needs will be discussed and evaluated to determine which Wellness Track is best for you. Whether you’re on the Weight Loss, Chronic Disease & Pain Management, Strengthening & Conditioning, or Rehabilitation & Recovery Track, YMCA staff
will work closely with you to monitor attendance and progress towards your fitness goals.
Program Fee applies for the 12-week special program. YMCA Community Scholarship is available.
- Private consultation to develop an individualized exercise plan to achieve your wellness goals.
- A YMCA membership and use of facilities 7 days a week for 3 months.
- Instruction and support from Y Staff and your Exercise Specialist.
- Ongoing communication, tracked progress, and possible adjustments to your program during your 12 weeks.
- End of program consult to discuss your next steps towards continuing your wellness.
- Referring Health Care Providers can receive a participant summary showing progress in your wellness journey.
- Access to additional evidence-based programs for chronic disease prevention and management.